Figured I might as well post again, its been a couple weeks since I got the rifle and have had 3 visits to the range so far, decided I'm going to keep the rifle....lol, although I do wheel and deal a lot so its not necessarily a joke. I picked up some longer screws since and added a spacer but find the butt pad is very narrow so ditched the spacers and went back to the Sims Vibration pad instead. Not really sure why Savage thinks anyone would want such a narrow pad on a rifle. Personally I find a wider pad makes it easier to locate the rifle on the shoulder plus there is little to no recoil with it in place. It literally feels like a .22 lr. I filed off some material from the bottom of the wedge on the sight and dropped it down 1/8th of an inch which didnt change much but like I said previously I am in the black at 50 yrds which works. I may complain to Savage some time but I dont want to send my rifle in right now, having too much fun. I received my MDT mags as well which work just fine but were a little thick at first and would not drop free. I contacted them and was told to just file them down. It did the trick and they work much better now but have to say they swell a bit when loaded so its best to change mags on a closed bolt but they feed very well. A great product and Canadian too. I took one of their mags and chopped it down to make a 5 round magazine which also works perfectly. As for my previous post about Cabela's sending me the wrong mag apparently their answer is that Savage does not supply a poly mag for the .223 model so they use a metal Accurate mag. Anyone else hear of this?