Thread: 110 precision VS 10 GRS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This may sound like heresy but...

I have/had 2 factory blueprinted actions. Still have a FTR, had and sold a Stealth Evolution. Between those two and the many other I have/had I honestly could not tell you the difference by looking at them or shooting them. The Stealth Evo was not a particularly smooth action. The FTR (stainless) action is smoother than average, but doesn't even come close to a stainless FVSS action I had and regrettably sold a couple years ago. The FTR is insanely accurate, but I would argue that has a lot more to do with the barrel and load development than the action. Even with a bolt lift kit, the lift is still heavier than I would like it.

A couple guys I shoot F-class with use the GRS stocks and really like them. They seem like really high quality and have great ergonomics. With the GRS being 5lbs lighter, I would much rather carry it around than the Precision.

Yes, walking around with a 15lb rifle sucks. Great from the bench, but after a mile or two it gets fatiguing.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

I'd go with the GRS stock any day of the week. Wish I could get one myself, but they don't seem to cater to Southpaw shooters. I tried to carry my .260 rem (12.5 lbs LR target gun) this deer season and it was a PITA (or arm/hands). I shoulder carried it pretty much the whole time. Fortunately I was hunting a wide open area so I could just spot up on a cliff and glass from there. I wouldn't want to be carrying it straight up a mountain or in the thick stuff.

For a carry rifle I wouldn't want anything over about 9 lbs.

Thanks for the input guys. That's the way I'm leaning.

For the same price I am in for the precision.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I have a Howa 1500 with the plastic GRS stock in .308. While it is ergonomic I can't say it's really a good bench shooting option. It has a single sling stud up front to mount your bipod. I drilled another hole so I could at least put a small pic rail for my Atlas CAL. It just does not have the solid feel like my Oryx chassis or B&C stocks have. It feels like there is a bit of play with the setup. So think about how you are going to steady the setup and good luck...

Thanks, I'm going to check both out firsthand before buying. The precision is the same weight as the GRS. I'm not sure about the change of pull. Looks like spacers to either add or remove. I like the fact the precision comes with a 20 moa rail and brake. I couldn't find any details on the GRS about the rail so I assume its a O moa.

Hi guys, I’m following this thread due to me trying to decide between these 2 exact guns as well. Have you purchased either gun yet? If so I would enjoy hearing about your decision and thoughts on your purchase. Thx