Hello,
I bought a Savage 64 F about four months ago and it has a problem. When I use hollow point ammo they jam up against the bottom back edge of the barrel. This happened the first time I went to shoot at the range. I had a box of hollow points and a box of round points. The round points shot fine. I bought a 500 round box of round points and have been shooting only them for the past few months. This week since I was running out of them I bought some more hollow points. Almost every one of them jammed, of the 30 I tried. I had some of the round tips left and tried ten of them, the shot fine. I didn't realize until after I cleaned the gun and was trying both types of ammo what the problem is. My gun doesn't like hollow point ammo. The reason is that the flat tip of the rounds hit the flat part of the barrel just above the magazine housing. I see there is an angled "guide" at the top of the housing. It isn't up high enough to keep the hollow points from hitting the edge of the barrel and stopping. I watched both the hollow points and the round points as I cycled them through. The round points slide up over and past the flat end of the barrel because they aren't flat, they're round.

So I was wondering if any one here has had the same problem and how they were able to solve it. I don't know that the brand of ammo matters, I think it's just whether or not they are hollow points or round points.

Thanks