Thread: Savage 112 Series J

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post

As soon as Orezona, Nor Cal Mikie and youbuck have their morning bottle, wake from their morning nap and have their diaper changed, I'll thank them.
    Not that it matters but, I don't deserve your attack. This forum doesn't allow me (or I haven't figured it out) to delete my post. I had to replace my original post with the "........................" to meet the characters rule. No "thank you" needed. Your question confused me so I realized I didn't have a good answer. And yes, I did have a morning nap. I may also take one this evening after hanging a bathroom door and doing some trim.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    Not that it matters but, I don't deserve your attack. This forum doesn't allow me (or I haven't figured it out) to delete my post. I had to replace my original post with the "........................" to meet the characters rule. No "thank you" needed. Your question confused me so I realized I didn't have a good answer. And yes, I did have a morning nap. I may also take one this evening after hanging a bathroom door and doing some trim.
    "I posted here by mistake" or "I don't understand what you are asking" works for me. A post of ............................................ ................. How would you take that?

Team Savage
    "Three replies and not one shred of information. Possibly a new record"???
    First off, you havn't been around that much so you'll learn in time. You got jerked around by someone that didn't know enough to help you out.
    A "single shot" is a single shot, period!! That should have been enough to get you what you needed. But, it wasn't.
    I'll leave it at that. PM headed your way, Mike.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    Glad to see that this thread worked itself out. Kind of figured it would. I almost could see a little humor coming out of it, and never did see anything that was intentionally meant to be derogatory.
    This brotherhood of barrel-nuts sometimes disagree and jab at each other, but we almost always can work up a common solution to our problems & questions.
    All's well that ends well.
    Randy

Basic Member
    Just one PM, informing me of the company that everyone knew that I was talking about would have sufficed. I appreciate all of the forewarning that I received thru PM. Does anyone know who makes a wood or laminated wood stock for the early short action screw spacing (4.522) for my 112, series J?

Basic Member
    Just one PM, informing me of the company that everyone knew that I was talking about would have sufficed. I appreciate all of the forewarning that I received thru PM. Does anyone know who makes a wood or laminated wood stock for the early short action screw spacing (4.522) for my 112, series J?
    If you haven't tried Richard's Microfit Inc., that may be one place to inquire. They do custom inletting and may already have a cnc program for your action. They mention wait time (8 wks) and a small extra charge. Worth a try.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    If you haven't tried Richard's Microfit Inc., that may be one place to inquire. They do custom inletting and may already have a cnc program for your action. They mention wait time (8 wks) and a small extra charge. Worth a try.
    Thank you. The wait time is OK, I don't mind waiting for a quality product. I got a bad feeling about SSS when I had to email them my phone number and wait for them to call me back. I'll do a BBB search on SSS for giggles.

Thank you again.

PS I took a peek and their stocks are very nice. 99% inlet and in need of finishing is fine with me. They have a CNC program for my action.
    Last edited by flutedchamber; 01-20-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added a PS

Basic Member

Sharp Shooter Supply

Surprise, SSS gets an F from the BBB.

"This company has a pattern of unanswered and serious complaints concerning problems with the products or services as well as delivery issues. Specifically, consumers allege the company does not ship the merchandise which has been ordered and paid for. Consumers also report difficulty reaching the company, as they fail to return phone calls and/or emails.

Additionally, the company has failed to respond to BBB attempts to help resolve the matters."

Basic Member
    Since I have offended you in public, I will apologize in public. Please accept my heartfelt apology for not recognizing a line of dots for you satisfying the forums requirement for a certain number of characters needed to qualify as a post. I take an afternoon nap, as I am up most of the night with my back. Enjoy your trim work.

Since I have offended you in public, I will apologize in public. Please accept my heartfelt apology for not recognizing a line of dots for you satisfying the forums requirement for a certain number of characters needed to qualify as a post. I take an afternoon nap, as I am up most of the night with my back. Enjoy your trim work.

No worries Sir and thank you.

Basic Member
    No worries Sir and thank you.

How did your door and trim work turn out?

I absolutely hate carpentry work. Let me get in my shop and I'll be all day at the lathe or milling machine and it will seem like two minutes.

How did your door and trim work turn out?

I absolutely hate carpentry work. Let me get in my shop and I'll be all day at the lathe or milling machine and it will seem like two minutes.
    PM sent.