Thread: Accutriger safety blade spring ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    I’m not sure what he did either...with the wire bent into a hook?

talking about 1/6 oz, he is referring to weight. 73.8 grains. There are 437.5 grains per Ounce. So I’m guessing he is speaking of actual weight. How that corresponds to trigger “pull” weight I have no idea.

Edit: ok, I think what he means is he used the wire bent like a hook, to use as a weight on the blade. And he continued clipping wire until int went from depressing the blade, to not, and then measured the weight of the wire at 73.8 grains.

The only thing is spring weight...and more importantly spring rate doesn’t work like that. But it’s really not important as the safety blade spring does not add to the overall trigger weight.

I would have never come to that conclusion without the Dave ciphering it for me. Thanks Mr Hoback!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I’m not sure what he did either...with the wire bent into a hook?

talking about 1/6 oz, he is referring to weight. 73.8 grains. There are 437.5 grains per Ounce. So I’m guessing he is speaking of actual weight. How that corresponds to trigger “pull” weight I have no idea.

Edit: ok, I think what he means is he used the wire bent like a hook, to use as a weight on the blade. And he continued clipping wire until int went from depressing the blade, to not, and then measured the weight of the wire at 73.8 grains.

The only thing is spring weight...and more importantly spring rate doesn’t work like that. But it’s really not important as the safety blade spring does not add to the overall trigger weight.

IF you are saying that the 8.5 to 10.5 Oz. that it takes to depress the blade to where the pull gauge starts pulling on the trigger, and the total pull Wt. read on the Lyman trigger pull weight gauge is 2# 14 oz. If as one suggested remove the blade and it's 8.5 to 10.5 oz, required to engage the actual trigger, then the pull weight required to "break" the trigger would be 2# 14 oz less the 8.5 to 10.5 ox.
    If Fred at SSS addresses the reported "creep" from the Jard 6 -10 oz trigger when My. Baker takes an action to him to be T&T'ed Then I'll replace it.