Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Purchase the correct chamber brush for your cartridge and some scotch bright. If the Scotchbrite is 3M new, do something with it to break it down a little like getting it wet and scrubbing something. It needs to be flexible and worn but still able to remove small amounts of metal.

Remove the barreled action from the stock. Remove the bolt from the action. Wrap a small portion of the Scotchbrite into the chamber brush, screw it onto a short piece of segmented cleaning rod in a cordless drill. put some light oil or penetrate in the bore with the chamber brush. Spin the chamber brush on the low speed for 2 seconds pulling in and out. Flush the chamber meticulously. Blow it out and flush again. use a mop if you have one of those. Put it back together and test it. Repeat as necessary being very careful not to over do it.

You probably had sand in your chamber or on your brass when you fired it. On extraction you created your problem. Keep your rifle in the case when strong winds are gusting near a dusty/sandy range
I would do that on one out of warranty but I may be under the wrong impression this is a pretty new rifle, if so I'd probably let savage fix it.. I'd like to see a picture of the scar.. that would tell us alot

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk