Thread: New Model 11, 260 Remington on the way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonkiler View Post
    I’m not to familiar with after market stocks. If I had to guess no matter the stock your action and recoil lug are not going to be a exact fit. As the gun recoils.. it may shift or flex, lack of better terms within where it started. Bed it. Or at least it needs to be on metal pillars or rails or a block. I’ve seen improvement even from skim bedding a aluminum block or rails “bedded” rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Bell and Carlson stock that I'm going to try is synthetic and has an aluminum bedding block. The aluminum also runs up through the fore end and into the butt stock handgrip making it very rigid. I used the same model of stock on a Rem Model 7 with excellent results without needing to bed it. I'm not sure if this one will shoot as well without bedding but I'll try it then bed it if needed.

Basic Member
    I mounted the action in the stock today but haven't shot it yet, the rain hasn't cooperated.

I'm not sure if this one will shoot as well without bedding but I'll try it then bed it if needed.
    Good idea. Bedding on some stocks is way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by houser52 View Post
    I mounted the action in the stock today but haven't shot it yet, the rain hasn't cooperated.

That’s a nice looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Nice.....Is that color brown? I just put a 110 Storm in a tan Bell/Carlson.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    Nice.....Is that color brown? I just put a 110 Storm in a tan Bell/Carlson.

Yes that's brown. I already had rifles in tan spiderweb and gray spiderweb stocks so I figured I'd give brown a try. Kind of color coded for different calibers. Lol

Great looking rifle Sir! My 116 WW feels significantly better balanced with the B&C. What do you think? Also, my rear trigger guard screw went in very easy so I put some blue thread locker on it. How did yours feel when you screwed it in?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    Great looking rifle Sir! My 116 WW feels significantly better balanced with the B&C. What do you think? Also, my rear trigger guard screw went in very easy so I put some blue thread locker on it. How did yours feel when you screwed it in?
    Hello.
    Like you, my B&C stock feels good in the hand and is balanced well. It feels a different than the original plastic stock for sure but in a good way.

It is a beautiful day here in NC with the sun shinning and close to 70 degrees. I like it but it sure doesn't feel like January. We need some cold weather though.

I took advantage of the beautiful weather and tried out the rifle with the new stock. Shooting with the new stock is like night and day compared to the original stock. It took a few shots to sight the Sightron scope back in but after I got it dialed in the groups tightened right up. I tried shots back to back and shots after waiting anywhere between 1-20 minutes. There was no change in POI. I think I'm going to leave it as is.

Hello.
    Like you, my B&C stock feels good in the hand and is balanced well. It feels a different than the original plastic stock for sure but in a good way.

It is a beautiful day here in NC with the sun shinning and close to 70 degrees. I like it but it sure doesn't feel like January. We need some cold weather though.

I took advantage of the beautiful weather and tried out the rifle with the new stock. Shooting with the new stock is like night and day compared to the original stock. It took a few shots to sight the Sightron scope back in but after I got it dialed in the groups tightened right up. I tried shots back to back and shots after waiting anywhere between 1-20 minutes. There was no change in POI. I think I'm going to leave it as is.

You have a winner Sir. I didn't want to muck up your thread with pics of my rifle. I will PM you pics when I get a chance. Again, great job and I'm glad you are happy with the outcome.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    You have a winner Sir. I didn't want to muck up your thread with pics of my rifle. I will PM you pics when I get a chance. Again, great job and I'm glad you are happy with the outcome.
    Thanks a lot! Ain't it a great feeling when things come together as they should?

Post your pics here. Everybody likes pics.