Kirby Allen is correct, the Remington has more surface than a Weatherby. The strength of the Weatherby is mostly hype, but you have to consider in a factory Weatherby caliber, they use a lot of freebore to reduce pressure.
9 lugs over 2 is nothing more than marketing hype, because I've never seen one that had more than 3 bearing at any time. The lugs are so shallow, I actually seen one that "jumped a row" from a high pressure load. The bolt actually wedged the receiver apart enough that it backed up one row of lugs. I've heard more horror stories about Weatherby actions coming apart that were rebarreled with big caliber wildcats, than anything else. About 25 years ago, I was in PA hunting wood chucks when I stumbled upon a local gunsmith. I stopped in just for a chat, and discovered he built a lot of long range rifles. In our conversations, the subject came up about action strength. He pulled out a photo album he called "The survivors book of shame". It was filled with pictures of shooters holding their fragmented rifles, blood and all, taken at local ranges. There musta been at least a dozen Weatherby's in pieces, a few Winchesters, and one Remington. Most of them, he built.
You can push things right to the limit, but you still need a "safety window" for when people make mistakes. I had a lengthy conversation with Carl Hildebrandt when he was still head engineer at Savage. One of the questions was why they changed the WSM's over to a large shank barrel. They originally built them with a standard shank for about a year, then went to the large shank. He explained to me about their "window of safety". This is the area between proof pressures and destruction pressure. The standard shank versions only covered 98% of that window. In his opinion, that was actually past what a realistic situation would entail. If something catastrophic would happen and they had to appear in court, 100% would sound a hell of a lot better than 98%. At the same time, they were getting complaints about sticky extractions, and he contributed that to some of the Winchester ammo that was circulating about at the time. Winchester themselves had a problem with model 70's and proof loads that had to have the bolts hammered to open.
So the solution to problem was to increase the breech diameter. It was easy to change production over to the large shank at the time, as the large shank (1.120") was already in use in their 210 shotguns, so they already had the tooling.