OK, Lots of accutrigger posts, but I can't find this one in any of them. I am building a 6.5 CM on a M10 short action. I have everything but the trigger. Guess what? but you already know the question. Why doesn't someone build a complete drop in target trigger for a Savage? I asked Jim and he told me to buy a Remington or Rem clone. Have you looked at the sear on an accutrigger under magnification? I looked at several of mine and it's scary. The tool marks are almost as big as the sear contact edge. No way to polish them. The Rifle Basics only supplies half of the sear mechanism and uses the old one for the firing pin release side. It is not a true dropin like a Remington. You still have half of the unpolished sear. I don't know what kind of finish the Rifle Basics has because I don't want to spend that kind of money for a pig in a poke. As I get further and further into accuracy shooting it looks like I might have to take Jim's advice and go Remington on anything that I really want to go all out on.
Not *****ing just preparing to move on. I'll still shoot my Savages but look elsewhere for an action to trick out.