Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Charlie, I couldn’t agree more! Never was a collector, but started a love affair with firearms from age 18. By my late 20’s I had amassed
quite a number of pistols & rifles. During this time I hit a wall in which I could no longer just buy a new firearm. So when a new gun tickled my fancy, I had to sell already owned. Luckily this didn’t go on long. I gained the wisdom that I was unable to feed all the different calibers I owned. And knowing I was not a collector, it became easy to whittle my supply down to my favorites.
Reason for my theory and others who have "experience" with firearms and ammunition .

Actually, it's really important to have different caliber firearms, the reason is this; having say .300WM ammo goes dry everywhere, then you have another option say .308 to stock up on. If you have a .223 then you can buy bulk, and if that goes dry, you can stock up on bulk 7.62X39.

I have two Polish AKM, and AKMS, I built all "factory" original no "B.S. mods", both blued like the factory did in the 1960's, which is a smooth, efficient "killing" firearm, semi auto rifle, with it's bayonets, it can spit rounds out all day long without any issues. If anything happens that's the one I'm using in a defense suitation, not my AR-15 that also has it's bayonet, it definitely packs a punch.

I have to admit I really like my Yugoslavia SKS M59/66 or, Preduzece 44 M59 its a great firearm.

Same goes for handguns, .357, 9MM, 45ACP, 7.62X25, and so on.

Again, these aren't collected for show, they are for two basic needs: DEFENSE and HUNTING. A little long winded, however you can either be a victim or a survivor, a lamb who thinks they are protected by the laws, or prepared, on the defensive ready for everything that comes our way.