Thread: Hello, just wanted to get started building a Savage and I need some help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Can’t see the pic. “Error showing page”
    Why can't I upload photographs here.

Guess I'll start a page of my own here: Savage rifle builder

Basic Member
    Anyone have any idea where I can find a five round magazine, .300 Win Mag center feed?

Basic Member
    You can't upload pics because this site is running on a low budget, ie, not enough server space to store all the pictures. So, as you have done, the pictures must be posted on another website and then links to the pictures are placed in the thread.

I am sure if the forum 'owner' received a free server upgrade they might consider storing pictures within the forum. There is also the virus and hacking issues associated with storing pictures on a private server.

Your parts gun looks ok so far.

Banned
    What happened to wanting I got a Piccadillio mount?? THATS a WEAVERONI!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist) So far so good it looks.

Basic Member
    this is a great forum for researching builder options, no B.S., no smart ass members, just really good answers.

I've been researching the options regarding the barrel nut screw and I came up with a barrel nut screw that is "smooth" and not that fugly nut that looks cheesy.

Banned
    Problem with the smooth barrel nuts...I haven’t come across any which are nicely machined. So you are stuck with the stock Savage smooth nut if you can’t find any machined. I have found in nearly 2 decades of building firearms, it’s the “little” parts that can make a difference. I have a profound appreciation for precision machined nuts/bolts, and parts like the recoil lug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Problem with the smooth barrel nuts...I haven’t come across any which are nicely machined. So you are stuck with the stock Savage smooth nut if you can’t find any machined. I have found in nearly 2 decades of building firearms, it’s the “little” parts that can make a difference. I have a profound appreciation for precision machined nuts/bolts, and parts like the recoil lug.
    Absolutely, even when you have a "hunting rifle" it still needs to be as perfect as you can get. Bailing wire, and bubble gum doesn't cut it, you still have everything nat ass perfect down to the scope mount. :)