I, too, agree with Underdog. Naturally setting up behind the optical center of a scope is just about mandatory if you expect to get a consistent set-up.
If you have trouble just lifting the rifle and naturally finding your eye right on the optical center of the scope, you may not be able to comfortably use high magnification settings.

But there is one advantage of having some space between the front optic and the barrel, assuming you can get comfortably behind the optic center of the scope with the scope mounted that high.
Having some added space between the front bell and the barrel will minimize the effect of heat as the barrel gets hot.
It the scope is down really close to the barrel, you will quickly see heat effects when you aim at the target, assuming you shoot groups.

(I admit that I am most comfortable with the front optic of scopes less than 1/4 inch above the barrel. But I also use scopes with very large front objectives - 50 to 56mm - with high magnification, so the scope tubes are about as far from the barrel as the scope you have mounted - looks like a 1-inch tube with a 40mm front optic from the picture.)
In the warm weather, I can barely shoot 5-rounds without seeing some heat distortion because the front optic is so close to the barrel.
I often have to blow down top of the rifle barrel while aiming to get the heat waves to settle out when I am shooting the 5th shot.