Thread: 22-250

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    I have1/4 moa from 38gr of h380.. I've tried probably 6 different powders and all have been acceptable but h380 has been exceptional.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    There's a reason it's called H380. Every .22-250 I have ever owned or messed with will shoot 38.0gr of H380 at half MOA or better with your choice of 52-55gr bullets. The problem with it is that it is not temp stable and you can see pretty good velocity swings with temperature changes. H4895 has become my powder of choice with the light bullets these days.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    There's a reason it's called H380. Every .22-250 I have ever owned or messed with will shoot 38.0gr of H380 at half MOA or better with your choice of 52-55gr bullets. The problem with it is that it is not temp stable and you can see pretty good velocity swings with temperature changes. H4895 has become my powder of choice with the light bullets these days.
    Yeah, I've read the story of the old man hogdon.. pretty neat little story:) it is what made me try h380 when I started loading my 22.250.. temp sensitive doesnt really bother me to much.. I don't go out to the range in extreme cold lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk