Thread: Stumbled onto a 10 BA Stealth. Good Price?

Stumbled onto a 10 BA Stealth. Good Price?

I have been looking around for a rifle to re-barrel for a project, and ended up stumbling onto a Model 10 BA Stealth in 308 Win. I had never even heard of these before seeing this one. The owner wants $600 for it, no optic or bipod, but the rifle looks like new. Is this a good price for this rifle? Wouldn't use it for my project, I would keep it as is, since I have been wanting a 308 anyhow.

If he's truly selling it for $600, that's a steal

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Yes, that's a great price. I've been looking for one. Cheapest one that I have found used is $700 (it's .308 Win as well).

Basic Member
    Agree with everyone above, if it’s in good condition it’s a good deal. The chassis alone is probably worth $400 used.

Not telling you where the on I am looking at is, but here is one in Waco Texas on Armaslist for $600. https://www.armslist.com/posts/91669...ba-stealth-308

Quote Originally Posted by Brunosplace View Post
    Not telling you where the on I am looking at is, but here is one in Waco Texas on Armaslist for $600. https://www.armslist.com/posts/91669...ba-stealth-308
    Thanks Bruno, I sent them a message!

Glad to help. Only thing holding me back right now is that it isn't left handed. I may go ahead anyhow, since out of close to twenty long guns in my collection, the only left handed one is my Remington 870 Wingmaster.

I'm a righty, but I had a benchrest rifle that was for a lefty. It was a Savage 110 with a 27" Douglas .22-243 AI in a SSS LVT stock. I pulled the extractor. It worked great as I could keep my shooting position and do everything else left handed. I let a friend talk me out of it, wished I would have kept it!

At this moment the only bolt gun I have is a 20ga shotgun. I was thinking the same as you, I may be able to cycle it right handed without ever breaking my shooting position, depending on how far back the bolt travels (will I hit myself in the nose? LOL).

I never hit myself in the nose. However, I'm sure that we all put our cheeks on the stock differently. We are all built differently too!

Glad to help. Only thing holding me back right now is that it isn't left handed. I may go ahead anyhow, since out of close to twenty long guns in my collection, the only left handed one is my Remington 870 Wingmaster.
    Hey Bruno, I saw a left handed Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor on Longrangehunting.com. I thought of you;
    https://www.longrangehunting.com/thr...6-5-cm.216616/

Thanks Scooter, I appreciate it. If I decide to get one, it will be a 308 though. The 6.5 is a fine round, but I just want a 308, and I already have a ton of LC brass for it.

13. 03-06-2019, 06:38 PM
    Reason
    Rule Violation - Buying/Selling outside the classifieds

Ok, educate me. What is it exactly? From Google I am getting that it is a scope mount, but which one? When I went to the website, the one I could figure out from your description retails for $125. It looks like you would have to remove the factory rail to use this.

Thanks Scooter, I appreciate it. If I decide to get one, it will be a 308 though. The 6.5 is a fine round, but I just want a 308, and I already have a ton of LC brass for it.
    You don't hear that much these days. With the current 6.5CM craze, it seems like .308 Win has been kicked to the curb. I believe that it is one of the finest cartridges every made!

16. 03-07-2019, 02:55 PM
    Reason
    Rule Violation - Buying/Selling outside the classifieds

Basic Member
    Ok, educate me. What is it exactly? From Google I am getting that it is a scope mount, but which one? When I went to the website, the one I could figure out from your description retails for $125. It looks like you would have to remove the factory rail to use this.
    I tried but they took it away sorry

Going to wait on the 308 for now. Unexpectedly acquired a project vehicle that will be utilizing any discretionary funds for awhile.