Slinky

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did not try to measure the receiver bore hole with a caliper, but I can see that it is somewhat deformed. (I’ll check with calipers as soon as I get a chance.) I think it got “squoze” by someone who overtightened it in a vise - perhaps when they changed out the barrel?? What I did do is try to feed the carrier in backwards - just to check for “roundness.” It’ll go in with a bit of wiggling, but it’s a tight fit - tighter in some spots than others, I’m sure. And it - sure as shooting’ - won’t rotate freely. Matter of fact, it (99-436) won’t turn at all. I did manage to reinstall the carrier assembly (not backwards) but I cannot adjust the timing since the carrier spindle head (99-436) does not rotate freely and I could not reinstall the carrier spindle head screw (99-437). Not much sense trying to put it all back together in its current condition.

I read elsewhere some additional info on the carrier assembly dis-assembly. There were a bunch of pics at one time, but it was an old post and the pics were no longer available (photobucket). But the description was very similar to what you just posted above, including noting LH threads. Since the carrier assembly seems to be in working order, I’ll probably just leave it alone for now, although I’m sure a good cleaning wouldn’t hurt.

If you or anyone else has any thoughts about the bolt not closing on a dummy round (full length sized, trimmed to length to spec, and loaded with a 150g round nose with no crimp) I like to hear them.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Forestar