Thread: Moving a gun safe!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I bought mine (1100lbs) I though if I just got a few guys over we could roll it on dowels. I was mistaken I couldnt even budge that thing. Luckily the neighbor had a skidloader at his house and we lifted it off my flatbed trailer into my garage until I could figure out what to do. I looked up our local liberty safe dealer and they were willing to bring over their safe mover and put it in our house for $150 I think. As it was climbing the steps with the safe I thought it was going to break them. We bought our safe for fire protection why its so heavy, now it is full and I need another. What ever I get now will have "install" included in the deal. Although I think we can get a "crackhead deterrent" safe now that should be manageable with a utility cart.
    Nothing more stressful than having your wife stare you down as you have a 5k brick in your garage stall. Luckily I didnt put it in hers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB68 View Post
    When I bought mine (1100lbs) I though if I just got a few guys over we could roll it on dowels. I was mistaken I couldnt even budge that thing. Luckily the neighbor had a skidloader at his house and we lifted it off my flatbed trailer into my garage until I could figure out what to do. I looked up our local liberty safe dealer and they were willing to bring over their safe mover and put it in our house for $150 I think. As it was climbing the steps with the safe I thought it was going to break them. We bought our safe for fire protection why its so heavy, now it is full and I need another. What ever I get now will have "install" included in the deal. Although I think we can get a "crackhead deterrent" safe now that should be manageable with a utility cart.
    Nothing more stressful than having your wife stare you down as you have a 5k brick in your garage stall. Luckily I didnt put it in hers.
    Actually the garage isn't a bad place to leave one that heavy. At some point it will no doubt require moving again.
    We are considering making a safe room in a corner of the garage with reinforced concrete walls and ceiling with a fire door.
    Then move the safes into that.
    A friend built a new house recently and made a room like that in the basement during the building process.
    Then bought just a door from a safe company and installed that in the concrete wall.

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    A friend built a new house recently and made a room like that in the basement during the building process.
    Then bought just a door from a safe company and installed that in the concrete wall.
    I should have done this, but we were on a budget. Hindsight is kicking my butt now.