My go to ammo for testing a rifle is Federal Gold Medal Match. It has always been accurate, sometimes as accurate as my handloads. I am also partial to Sierra Matchking bullets so my opinion may be biased. I just never judge a rifle until I try GMM in it.

FWIW, I would also caution against judging a rifle before it is even broken in. My 12BVSS took some intensive break in before it was less than MOA.

Stocks and scopes are personal things, IMHO. I know some people who like their hacked up plastic stocks, and they shoot well with them. I like wood stocks. Some of those same people consider a scope adequate if it holds zero for any length of time, even if it isn't the clearest optics around. I like scopes that are clear at higher powers with MOA marked reticles.

I have a Boyd's on my Axis (.223) and like it a lot. Being a .223 I did not pillar bed it. Works well. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I don't care for chassis stocks.

The cheap Bushnell that came with my Axis did just fine, but, I swapped it for a Vortex Diamondback just to get a better reticle and adjustments. It helped that I got it on sale before Christmas. The BVSS has a Viper PST. I love that scope, but, it is a bit expensive.