Long story short, I was playing around with the idea of rebarreling my current 308 as I have been unhappy with the accuracy with factory ammo. I wasnt thinking of long action vs shirt action, which I came to the realization later today. However, through my digging I found and axis II in 280 AI, which I’ve never heard/seen before. It is a savage factory rifle, not listed on their website though.
I have almost everything to reload, except setting up a table and starting. After reading, it seems like I should focus on reloading first may improve my 308 grouping; then Look at playing with 280 AI. still, the idea of something different is still there.
I mainly hunt Texas whitetail, hogs with all my rifles in heavy wooded areas. I know I don’t need super accurate, or longer range capabilities, but it doesn’t mean it’s not fun to play with. Thanks for the replies. I’ve been going through the different thrreafa past few days. I currently have axis in 223, 243, 308. The 223 and 243 are sub MOA with factory ammo. The 308, get hit. By 3rd shot and likes to stray off a bit. About 1.25-1” with NBT. Other ammo the group widens up more to 1.5-2”. Ok for hunting, but not what I want.
Hence my journey looking at 280.