Thread: NightForce Scopes

BigKev

NightForce Scopes

Having been to quite a few websites which all claim to have the best prices for NightForce Scopes I'm stymied ??? It appears that as a dealer they must have committed to a "minimum" price agreement with NightForce directly. Unfortunately the best one can do is get free shipping included in the sale price, so prior to my spending that type of money does anyone know of a dealer whose prices are just a wee bit cheaper than the rest. I'm looking to buy either the 12-42 x 56 NSX or the 12-42 x 56 BR model and can't decide if the side focus warrants the extra $ 500 dollars. It's going to be used mostly for punching paper out to 600 / 1000 yds. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Basic Member

Re: NightForce Scopes

I bought the 12-42 Benchrest. Fortunately no one is shooting back and I'm not dragging my rifle thru a ditch so I don't think I had the need for a NXS. I am real happy with the decision I made. Bought mine from Don at LongRangeSupply.com and go the best deal I could find and would buy from him again if i ever had the funds for another NightForce Scope. Just my opinion tho. I'm sure there are others 180 from mine.
    ShootStrait
    teele1
    6CM

Can not imagine the BR models being built like less of a tank that the NXS models are, but for the money and your application the side parallax adjustment is not worth it.

dcloco

NF runs a minimum price contract. If they sell a scope below that, the business will no longer be selling NF scopes.

One item to note on ANY brand of scope, check how much MOA travel the scope has. There is enough difference between the BR and the NSX model to make a difference.

Also, go with the side focus model if you intend to do any long range shooting at varying yardage (prairie dogs)....the side focus is a lot handier. $500 handier....I don't know about that.

Since they cannot sell the scopes cheaper, some vendors will toss in rings and other stuff to sweeten the deal.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

DGD6MM

Teele1 and I bought are scopes from the same guy and I'd also buy from him again. I've used mine in a tactical shoot and was not hinderd buy the A.O. The difference in the NXS from the BR is leaf vs. coil spring and side focus, which I don't believe is worth the extra. The resale value on these scopes are verygood if you were to choose to sell. Save the 500.00 for another build get the BR. Just my opinion.