I am reloading for my 6.5-06- and am having some issues that are confusing me- so i thought I'd try for some different perspective. I was trying to determine how much shoulder bump I was getting so I was using the Hornady head space comparators. And case after case my headspace was growing after i full length sized. It was usually by about +.003.

I was running the case all the way in the die- but my headspace was still increasing. I pulled the de-primer and expander ball out, but that didn't change anything. I then tried the no-go and go-gauge in my chamber and things were correct. On the Hornady set i was using insert C... but i tried it with B and D and they both showed an increase in length also.

The only thing I could figure was my chamber has a different shoulder angle than the Hornady Die? The cases do size hard- but it seems like it is more on body taper than on the shoulder. I only have 40 rounds through this barrel but so far it has shot good.

Savage 110 action, ER Shaw barrel, Quality Cartridge Brass (they were the only ones i could find that had 6.5mm-06) and hornady 30-06 resized brass. I can close the bolt on the resized brass- but it requires to much force.