I just picked up a 2018 Axis 2 from Walmart with the new stock. I never had an older one to compare to, but from the things I've read I think there's some pretty significant differences. The trigger guard is now integral with the stock, and the magazine length baffle is a smaller separate piece in front of the trigger guard. That should help to strengthen the wrist and make them less prone to breakage (in the same way that people were gluing or bedding the trigger guard previously). The forearm has what appears to be increased bracing, using X ribs instead of the + ribs, and they look like they might be a little taller. I can still get the forearm to flex, but it certainly doesn't feel flimsy. The only issue I had was that the forearm wasn't perfectly straight and contacted the barrel on the left side. I had to shave off some material along the left side of the forearm channel to ensure that it doesn't touch, but after a little dremel work it's good to go. I'm going to shoot it like this for a while before I think about getting a Boyd's stock because it seems like the redesigned synthetic might have corrected a few of the major problems with the older one.