Thread: Need another Savage!!??????

Thumbs Up Need another Savage!!??????

Well, I think I need another Savage....But funds are low....so I will sell my B14 HMR Bergara 6.5 to afford another Savage. I do have an Athlon Ares BTR so glass is good...
    I like to find me a 12FV or such, maybe an action only...or a 12 Target action and search for an affordable custom barrel.
    Like to try 6mm CM since I have already two 6,5's...Another LRP came to my mind but its $1000+!
    Since I am limited to factory ammo only I am sort of not sure about 260 cal....?
    Stock would be a financial thingy, a Choate tactical, or a B&C tactical.
    I do mostly paper of the bench and every now and then varmints.
    I found me a good trustworthy gunsmith here that is very affordable too, so he could help in assembly.
    Not sure where to start, but need to be on a budget for sure AND of course a super accurate rifle as end result!!
    Any ideas, hints, people done that before or can help...
    Thanks for any help.

Basic Member
    This is a really accurate rifle !! There are reports of shooters hitting 8 inch steel targets at 900 yards. I would invest in a good reloading station and tune your ammo for the rifle. Extreme accuracy also takes lots of time at the trigger shooting long distances. Factory match ammo will come with a high cost. A few things to think about before selling your rifle. Extreme accuracy does come with a cost..

That is true....money is a bit tight and whatever I get out of this Bergara....has to do for my new Savage 12!!
    I might just wait till Cabelas drops the FV back to $349???....It is right now $419.

You’re making this more difficult than it needs to be. I’ll trade you straight across for my 12FV in 6.5!

sounds like a good deal....I am in if you take my damn dog and my wife too....no returns PLEASE!!!!!!!

Damn, I’m all wifed out? Wifed up?...at this time. Have one too many dogs also.

I think if I were to build a rifle tomorrow I would be using a Shilen or Criterion as my start. I would also watch the classifieds here for a gently used stock that met my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    I think if I were to build a rifle tomorrow I would be using a Shilen or Criterion as my start.
    Go with the CBI (Criterion) I have 3 so far and every one of them shoots better than I do... It averages .5 MOA if I do my part... Sometimes I can get .25 MOA on a really "good" day. got 2 in 22-250 and another in 260 Rem. I'm a little biased obviously... Both are great barrels from what I hear of the Shilen barrels... You can probably just flip a coin.