Thread: Shipping to Canada and ITAR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blckwlf View Post

22 CFR 123.17

§ 123.17 Exports of firearms, ammunition, and personal protective gear.

(a) Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of:

(1) Parts and components for USML Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames), or complete breech mechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction, except to any of the countries or entities as provided in § 126.1 of this subchapter;
    (2) Parts, components, accessories, or attachments for USML Category I firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames), complete breech mechanisms, or fully automatic firearms and parts and components for such firearms, when:
    (i) The total value does not exceed $500 wholesale in any transaction;
    (ii) The export is to Canada for end-use in Canada or return to the United States, or temporary import into the United States of Canadian-origin items and return to Canada for a Canadian citizen; and
    (iii) The exporter makes an electronic declaration to U.S. Customs and Border Protection pursuant to § 123.22(a), and the exporter is eligible to export under this exemption pursuant to § 120.1(c) of this subchapter, unless the electronic submission of such declaration is unavailable, in which case U.S. Customs and Border Protection will issue instructions; or

You must either follow the requirements of paragraph 1 in Red, or paragraph 2 in green (including i, ii, and iii).

The easiest thing to do is to order through a dealer in Canada as they have the export licenses and everything worked out. If you send me a pm I can send you a list of dealers I work with in Canada, surely one of them should be able to help you out.

*While I have a degree in legal studies, none of this should be considered legal advice, please consult with an attorney for legal advice.

This whole time I'd been looking at stocks over the $100 range, and so I'd have to deal with the green paragraph, but richards just listed a stock at $50. Shipping is about $15, so a $65 purchase wouldn't have any special paperwork to fill, right? (I have no idea what I'm doing, excuse my ignorance)

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    This whole time I'd been looking at stocks over the $100 range, and so I'd have to deal with the green paragraph, but richards just listed a stock at $50. Shipping is about $15, so a $65 purchase wouldn't have any special paperwork to fill, right? (I have no idea what I'm doing, excuse my ignorance)
    Theoretically, but that's assuming Richards is willing to ship it, and customs doesn't throw a fit.