The 110BA has a thicker bolt head with 9/16" lugs, same as the new center feed WSM's use. They are all built with a large shank receiver. The bottom lug abutment is .050" thicker than a standard 110. All this means is the magazine cut has been moved back by .050". The heat treat is also different. I expressed my concerns to Chris Bezzina, director of engineering, about this and he claimed that they tested it to destruction.
I have built some .338 Lapua based cartridges on standard 110 actions and have noted all the problems that are associated with them. The standard 110 receiver will not handle the pressures generated by the large case because: 1. It is not big enough in diameter to give enough support around the case, 2. The lug area is not large enough to support the amount of bolt thrust. In all cases the lug abutments suffered from lug setback... in other words, the bolt lugs left a "footprint" on the receiver lug abutments. When using a standard shank barrel, the barrel would momentarily swell upon firing, and then snap back to original size, while the brass cartridge case would also swell past it's elastic limit and create a sticky extraction.

The receiver not only has to contain standard pressures to be safe, it also has to contain 30% more to safegaurd against mistakes made while reloading.

If you are serious about a .338 Lapua, it should be built on an action that was designed to handle that cartridge. The only reason shooters want to build a .338 Lapua on a Savage action is they think they can get off cheap. If you can afford to enjoy one, it is worth making a rifle that is designed for it and by no means "questionable".