Thread: My New Not So Typical Varmint Rigs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I also have a Marlin 30-30 It was my first gun and given to me by great grandfather, everyone used it uncles, cousins nephews, even neighbors. That thing must have 1000 deer to it's credit and also 10000 rounds though since everyone first learned to shoot with it.
    In fact it is so worn out that my grandfather use to pull apart 303 British ammo that he brought back from the war, then he would put the bullets in a jar and the powder in a bowl and the primers in his handkerchief that was folded neatly on the table. He then would proceed to install the primer then scoop the case into the bowl of powder level it off then put the bullet in and crimp it with some sort of blacksmiths tool. He was the town blacksmith he never had any money but always had plenty of chickens, goats, livestock you name it. And there you had one loaded case ready to go, I don't even want to begin to think how many rounds the brass was cycled 10, 20, times even more who knows, not to mention that 303 British is .311 Dia that is how worn that thing is.LOL

Dean
    Last edited by scope eye; 07-08-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.