Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyLRP View Post
I listened to the video closely and have questions about his statements. First of all. brass is annealed numerous times during manufacture in order to do the drawing process. Next the part about not annealing brass because of no case discoloration is most likely just wrong. Some manufacturers go an extra step and clean the brass when it is finished. It just looks better to the consumer. When I started getting case separations with my 6.5 CMs, I found the problem to be excessive headspace using a Hornady comparator with a .40 bushing. Since this is the datum line diameter, I feel that it is close. I shoot a mod 12 LRP and a Ruger PR. Both the chambers show the same shoulder to base. The difference is that the LRP is .020" longer to the lands. That is a little difference in throat length, but all my bullets seat well. I have used a few different makes of brass and have found that the shoulder of his favorite was running about .007" shorter than my chambers. New brass can be sized smaller, but it has to be fireformed to stretch it. I watch for the tell tale rings on the bottom of new brass and check it with a paper clip the first and subsequent firings.. Hornady is not the short shoulder manufacturer. As far as fads go, I think that I will have my 6.5 CMs for a long time. I have never shot a round that is more forgiving of loads and bullets. I don't think I have ever had a round that would shoot half inch and smaller groups at 100 yds with factory ammo before my 6.5 CMs. The reason that I like it so much is that it's just all around good. I shoot a lot of .223 Rem, but it is unforgiving of small differences in bullets and loads. That's a round that is high maintenance to me. Let him check .223 Rem chambers and brass if he wants to make a video on factory defects. I get my fun running ladders and trying different components with the .223s. This has been sort of windy, but I think he needs to get out of the shop and shoot more and enjoy the 6.5 CM.
This has been my experience as well. I have 4 Creedmoors. 1 factory and 3 customs. Awesome cartridge. Blaming the cartridge because of inept ammunition and firearms manufacturers is ludicrous. My 3 customs have never fired factory ammo. And Savage rifles have been the ones with the most chamber problems.