Thread: Interesting tidbits of info on the 6.5 Creedmoor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Interesting video. Curious as to how old it is and if this problem still exists.

I have a new, still in the box 12FV in 6.5 CM that I have yet to chamber a round in, and now guess I'm going to have to check it out.

I have shot American Gunner 6.5 CM (Hornaday brass) and hand loaded Peterson LRP and SRP for my other 6.5 CM (Savage action, EABCO accuracy barrel) without problems. Did I Luck out or has the problem be resolved?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Interesting video. Curious as to how old it is and if this problem still exists.

I have a new, still in the box 12FV in 6.5 CM that I have yet to chamber a round in, and now guess I'm going to have to check it out.

I have shot American Gunner 6.5 CM (Hornaday brass) and hand loaded Peterson LRP and SRP for my other 6.5 CM (Savage action, EABCO accuracy barrel) without problems. Did I Luck out or has the problem be resolved?
    Video was published this past February, so it's fairly current information. It's been an ongoing issue since the the round was standardized by Hornady and continues to have these issues. As he noted, you can order new Hornady brass and it's a crap shoot as to whether you'll get brass that's been annealed or not. The inconsistency in the distance from the case head to the neck/shoulder junction is something I ran into with factory Federal and AE ammo when I reviewed the Model 10 Stealth the other year. I didn't have any that I couldn't get the bolt to close on, but some required noticeably more effort to get into battery.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain