Quote Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
Like a celestial telescope? I think the principals are the same. Unless you spend decent money on low dispersion glass you might see a target at 600yds but you wont see the projectile holes. Save for .50 bmg rounds.

I’ve got a $300 spotting scope with a 100mm objective lens. It can see .223 holes at 200yds but just barely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. Considering that spotting scopes usually top out at about 60X, and you need good glass to have a clear bright image) a telescope goes up into the hundreds or power. I don't own one and never tried to use one for spotting bullet holes, but I did a quick Amazon search and found a couple compact (read short design) telescopes around 250X with great reviews for under $200 some under $100. And with Amazon Prime you can try it and if you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

Just seems the natural progression if you want more magnification and you don't run the risk of someone accidentally shooting your camera. What sort of range does the camera system you guys are talking about have?

Darrell