Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
While I do agree with the Savage being a weaker platform to spend a lot of money on. I will also agree that truing the action face of any receiver as well as using a ground recoil lug will improve the the receiver barrel joint stability. If done correctly it will also mitigate the need for windage or unpredictable elevation changes at different ranges. Is it worth it to pay to have that done? I can't say, but if you have the machinery and know how to do it yourself, it pays dividends.

A well machined, timed and trued LRPV action with a SSS or RB SAVII trigger will be a satisfactory rifle for much less than a rebuilt Remington.

Robinhood, while I completely agree with with you on the 12 LRP, the cheapest I have been able to find is a 1 used at $900! That certainly wouldn’t fit into MY budget. When I built mine, I found a used Model 10 w/ Accutrigger for $170. I picked up a 26” Shilen for $300, PTG recoil lug & barrel nut & the tools to change out the barrel and I STILL spent less than the cheapest LRP I can find. Just that you always recommend the LRP to first time builders, but by the time they purchase the rifle, barrel, barrel nut & lug and the tools, they will already be approaching $1500. And that would still leave the origional stock to be used. Is there a better option for the LRP’s?