Thread: which Savage rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SageRatShooter, My response was not to argue but to offer a different opinion based on my experience. I guess some of the two manufacturers glass can vary in quality enough to overlap. My SIII is good glass compared to a lot of scopes but sitting side by side and shooting from 300 - 1000 the Sightron was left wanting against the NXS, the ATACR and a Khales. I have heard that repeated by many at our range during competition by NRA and TSRA F/Class shooters. I consider it to be good enough for that type work and I am glad your Sightron excels. I respect your opinion but after seeing it many times over with my own eyes, my opinion differs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    SageRatShooter, My response was not to argue but to offer a different opinion based on my experience. I guess some of the two manufacturers glass can vary in quality enough to overlap. My SIII is good glass compared to a lot of scopes but sitting side by side and shooting from 300 - 1000 the Sightron was left wanting against the NXS, the ATACR and a Khales. I have heard that repeated by many at our range during competition by NRA and TSRA F/Class shooters. I consider it to be good enough for that type work and I am glad your Sightron excels. I respect your opinion but after seeing it many times over with my own eyes, my opinion differs.
    Fair enough man... was just saying that the SIII and the NXS line where pretty close as far as clarity... I would think that the ATACR or Khales would far surpass the SIII but I have no idea on those, as I've not looked thru one.

Wasn't trying to argue either... was just trying to say that Sightron closed the gap a little bit.... I do understand that different eyes like different glass... some think that the Vortex PST is clearer than the Sightron SIII...