Quote Originally Posted by Sav22 View Post
The safety/trigger springs should be interchangeable between the two but I have had some trouble with some but these were parts acquired loose so they may have not worked well to begin with, and I do not have they guns they came from to determine the vintage. Hammers should be the same. The bolts from a 1914 will fit in a 1903, the bolt design changed a few times so you must match the parts to the bolt, late 1903's & 1914's had different firing pins and extractors than in the early bolts, and there are the firing pin design was changed before the extractor so you will that variation. Early extractors are almost impossible to find, do not buy a bolt requiring one of them and expect to find one, the later extractors seemed to never break, at least I have never seen a broken or missing one. There are a number of minor design changes that were made during the run of the 1903, 1909, 1912 & 1914, these are yet to be documented well, at this time I am doing the best I can from memory, which often fails me.

PS, I look at this site very sporadically, especially in the summer because there seem to be little action - don't expect an answer very fast, so be polite & show some patience.
Sav22. Thank you for the reply and great information. I truly appreciate it. My bolt is intact but did notice towards the front inside of it looks a little chewed away. Not sure if that effects anything or not. The rifle was given to me as a wall hanger. It had spent many many years hanging in a barn and rusting away. The outside of the rifle was all rust. So I cleaned the inside of the barrel and it cleaned up so I thought I would restore it and make it usable again. All metal has been cleaned and is now waiting to be blued. Just want to say. I would never sand and reblue a gun normally. But this one was rusted really bad and hoped I could bring it back from the dead. I now have all the parts it was missing so its on its way back to life. I do have another question. I thought I read somewhere that these rifles only used low pressure rounds like target rounds and that regular 22 rounds of today are to powerful to be shot in it. Is this true? Thought I would ask since I remembered reading that. Thanks again for the information. Information on these is hard to find it seems so hearing from someone with experience and first hand knowledge of these is a blessing. Thank you. John