Well I do not claim to be a long range shooter, but I HAVE toyed with the thought. I have neither the time or funds to be serious, but it would be nice to get to where I could hit a 12" plate at 5-600 yds on a regular basis. This morning I tested my zero and it looks like the charts were very accurate. Longest shot was about 60yds and aim for the head and hit the head.

I missed 2 shots this morning, for some unknown reason. But I got 5 this morning and 2 this afternoon.

One thing is certain, with a headshot from the 22LR they would flop around and their tail went crazy. A hit from the WMR in the head and they just drop.

I have a few 223's and a 243 but I wouldn't use either on my property, not enough acres. In fact the 125yd shot was from my workshop to near the top of my neighbors hill.

My biggest issue is a solid rest. I have shot deer from a sitting position at 200yds but as Nor Cal Mike pointed out, these critters are NOT deer size. I used to be able to hold steadier on little critters, from all sorts of positions, but at 65 I tend to shake a bit more. A 1/4" wiggle at the buttstock moves that bullet a long way off downrange.