Just took delivery on a new Stealth 10 BA in 6.5 Creedmore, my first centerfire Savage rifle, and after initial examination and 5 rounds down the tube, have the following questions:

1. Taking my trusty Lyman bore scope through the brand new barrel, I noticed a lot of tool marks all the way down the bore (juddering, rail road track tie effect, perpendicular to the rifling). Some areas worse than others, some areas more or less smooth. Is this normal on a Savage button-rifled bore? After the initial 5 rounds down the tube, I don't notice any change.

2. Barrel break in - know this is a controversial subject. Will probably just follow the "Larry Potterfield method": clean after each of the first 5 rounds, then shoot 5 rounds and clean for the next 50 rounds -- unless somebody has a better idea.

3. Ejector: after the first 5 rounds and cleanings, I noticed that extraction / ejection of spent shells seemed more difficult than I'd expect. Removed the bolt and looked at the bolt face and it appears that the protruding part of the ejector is beveled in half at a 45 degree angle (which I hadn't notice previously). Is this normal? It's doesn't look like it sheared off but was intentionally machined that way.

Thanks!