Everybody has his own opinion regarding barrel cleaning. Barrel cleaning seems to be a matter that attracts a lot of near-religious fervor.
My go-to method on these barrels is a combination of Butch's Bore Shine and nylon brushes followed by cotton patches. It's very effective and gentle on the bore. Don't be in a giant hurry. It can take a while for the solvent to work on the copper in the bore, but it works very well. I also have used Outers Foaming Bore Cleaner. Spray it in and let it sit for a long while. Again, no rush on cleaning it out. You'll find that both products work well without eating away at the barrel's innards.
Judicious use of JB Bore Paste also helps. You won't need to use it all the time, but it doesn't hurt every now and then.
Use good cleaning rods with the right sized rod guide. I made my rod guides from PVC. The cleaning rods are mostly from Dewey.
This is what I have used on my Savage Palma guns for years. They both have north of 3 thousand rounds through the pipes and show hardly any wear. I do pretty much the same thing with my space guns I use in highpower. High round count, low barrel wear.
Patience is your barrel's best buddy.