Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Well, I do load dev from the prone and most of my buddies do load dev from the prone. Unless I need to get above the mirage it's always my preference. I shoot just fine from the bench too. The point of my post is there's options and building any position regardless of the platform has the same fundamentals. Afterall, shooting from a bench is just "modified" prone is it not?

have fun y'all go burn some powder this weekend and hopefully it's dryer for you then it looks like it's going to be for me!
Well you would be the exception as for doing that.
And no doubt you are also an exception as to your ability to shoot in that position, and i mean than in a complimentary term and not of a sarcastic one.
That said, (YOU) probably wont stay on a deer running thru the woods either from that position.
And even if you did, you would need to take your eyes off of it while you scrambled to get into the now required reposition for another (accurate shot.) Meanwhile, whats that wounded animal gonna do, stand around and wait for you?
I mentioned the word misconception, and one of the biggest is that shooting ability trumps everything else.
And the hard reality is, that it dosent always.
The reason kids and other beginners do as well as they do is for one simple reason, (they listen).
I'm not gonna go burn some powder today, but i just might build up enough energy to take the boat and try to catch a few for dinner.
Its a Friday tradition. lol