Thread: Real world accuracy of A22 LR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Pathfinder1cav, please report back on your pair of A22 LR rifles. Have not found any definite comparisons on these two models yet. Like you, I would expect the heavy barrel version (Pro Varmint) to display a little better accuracy at 50yds. and beyond, than the standard synthetic stocked, sporter weight barrel. If you don't mind, include brand of ammo and magnification power of scope used in your comparison. Thanks much.

Well Red,
    They both have Center Point 4-16X (Walmart $75) scopes on them & I have pretty much settled on using CCI-SV ammo in all my .22s for target shooting. I have tried Wolf Target, SK+ & some Eley and even though they may be a little more consistent, they simply are not worth 3-4 times the $ to me.
    I did shoot the sporter A22 in a precision 25Y match yesterday and came in 2nd by a few points out of 450 to an Annie shooting Wolf MT. There was another Anshutz, 4 RPRs, 2 CZs & some tricked out 10-22s shooting also.
    So for a $280 rifle, I am pleased.
    I had just bedded the THT model with some JB Weld & did not think that it was dry enough, so shot the Sporter. They seem to be about the same so far, but will report back in a few days if the bedding improved anything.
    "First in, last out!"

Basic Member
    Pathfinder, how did the bedded, heavy barrel A22 turn out, accuracy wise, versus the standard sporter?

Red, sorry have not been on this site for awhile.
    I think that the bedding tightened the groups maybe a 1/10", but also I do not see the occasional 3/8"-1/2" flyer.
    A little wind, slight differences in hold or small variations in ammo, just does not let you keep putting them in the same hole

Still, I like shooting the rifle a lot & use it in local competitions with good effect.
    "First in, last out!"