My Axis is a 22-250 that I bought specifically for shooting Sage rats... I bot the Axis because I didn't know how much I would like shooting Prairie dogs... I was mostly doing it just to spend some more time with my Dad. After the first trip I got "HOOKED"... I was pretty good out to about 250 yards, but beyond that I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. It just had the sporter barrel, the cheap plastic stock, and of course the heavy trigger pull.

So, I began the process of building myself a more accurate rifle... First thing was the CBI barrel in a Heavy Sporter @ 26"... (I wanted a Varmint barrel, but there was no stock option for me that would accommodate that large of a contour) and a new scope (Redfield Battlezone 6-18x42) That got me Really HOOKED as I was then knocking them down @ 400 plus... But it wasn't consistent enough for me... So, then came the Boyd's stock to try and tighten my groups up even more.... Long story short... I turned into a perfectionist and wanted every bullet in the same hole in hopes that I could stretch out the distance to 500+.... Which then resulted in me building my 260 Rem, so I could buck the wind better and stretch it out even further.... It's a vicious cycle...

I chose the CBI barrel for the simple reason that they were the OEM manufacturer for KREIGER...