Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
Yes, I have pillared my Pro Varmint, (260 Rem) but I have not had to Glass bed it "yet". I also have a Prairie Hunter stock on my (22-250) Axis which I've had to Pillar & Glass Bed. I'm a perfectionist though, so take that into consideration... I want them all in the same hole... I keep messing with stuff until I achieve that, or I've exhausted all possible options. Both of these rifles are my Long Range Rigs though... I use the 22-250 for Shooting SageRats @ 400+ yards and in... And the 260 I just built in the last year for ringing Steel @ 1000 yards or for larger Varmints, coyotes, fox etc...

Bottom line is: you will probably have to pillar at the least, (maybe after 5-6 months) after the action screws have started to compress the Laminate, then they start loosening on you, or like my Prairie hunter... Start moving your POI after about 10 shots.

My Pro Varmint started loosening action screws after 4 months give or take, so I wasted no time in Pillaring that one, as I figured I'd have too based upon the Prairie hunter experience. A Good Drill press makes all the difference in the world in making it an almost easy job.

Gotta say I like your choice in your build.... I have CBI barrels on both the 22-250 and the 260... 22-250 is a heavy sporter and the 260 is Varmint profile. Excellent choice IMO. It will be a .5 MOA shooter when your done with the build and load development....
Thanks for the advise. I need all I can get as this is my first bolt action build. Hopefully this 6.5 Swede is a good shooter. I’ll have to get on YouTube and watch some videos on pillaring the boyds stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk