SageRat, good questions. I believe the LRP has about 1100 rounds through it. I've used just the same 50 pieces of Lapua brass for the X47 since new for 500 rounds fired so far. With the LRP, I've used mostly Hornady brass but I bought 50 pieces of Lapua small primer brass. I thought maybe that with the small primer, my Creed brass would last longer and not need trimming like the with my x47. I was wrong. So it got me thinking about adjusting the headspace.

Olddav, I don't think I have a way of measuring, but like I mentioned in my original post, upon first firing of the Lapua small primer Creed brass, the base to shoulder length grew .004-.005" using the Whidden comparator tool on my calipers.

223Randy, good idea on the headspace set. In other words, see if it closes on a no-go gauge maybe? I do have a Lee Collet neck size die and have done that, but found the hard closing of the bolt no fun.

Evlshnngns, if I understand your question correctly, I'd think I'd no longer need to reset the shoulder .004"ish anymore if I tightened the headspace. I suspect you're right about the reamer. I tried contacting Paul at Rock Creek after he sold me the barrel to ask about the reamer used, but he never got back to me.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen!