Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
My first thought would be "slim to none". If it's shooting well thus far (mechanically) there's not much of a chance that it will stop functioning in the next 11 months. I think you mentioned before, that you don't put many rounds down range to begin with. 300-400 rounds later I doubt that you'll have any issues. I've got over 1500 rounds on my axis and the only thing mechanically I've "fixed" is the extractor, detent ball, and ejector spring, which you don't have to send it back to savage for.

If you don't want too trim the spring.... There are other springs that have been used, you just pull out the original spring and save it. replace it with a lighter spring for what you want your trigger pull to be... then if you have to send it back to savage for some reason, you just put the original spring back in before you send it off.

I think I remember seeing replacement springs on Amazon? not 100% sure on that though.

I think part of the issue with your "trigger travel" from what I remember about my stock (synthetic) is that when you start the squeeze of the trigger, you actually get flex in the wrist area of the stock as your hand pressure increases for the trigger pull. That gave me the feeling of a very long trigger pull because the flex in that area.
Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing. When I'm squeezing the trigger I can feel it creep before it goes off. I actually had it apart and squeezed the trigger and I can see what it is. The distance the trigger has to move to release the sear. I know its only a minute amount but it seems like an inch when squeezing. Is there a way to modify this?