Hello everyone,
Recently bought Axis II XP in .223 from local Wal-Mart. Trigger would adjust down to approx. 2 1/4 lbs. or so. Kinda hard to tell exactly, using an old RCBS trigger pull gauge, it seemed to be inconsistent. Not bad, but like a lighter trigger.
I ordered a replacement spring from the Gun Shack:

http://www.gunshack.com/savage-parts...able%20trigger

I was hoping for an easy and cheap (7.00) way to get it down to 1.5lbs. as advertised.
Well, so far, it has not worked out with this rifle.
What I have now is a very inconsistent pull weight and I cannot depend on it to hold the sear.
I have tried to adjust the spring, and no matter where I adjust it to, it does not help.
After speaking to the resident Savage expert at the Gun Shack, he told me to try posting here to see if anyone has ran into this.
He said that they have sold lot's of those springs and was not aware of any issues and that I could return the springs ( I ordered 2 more for a friend who wanted to try, but has not yet) if I wanted to.
I have had the gun apart many times looking and trying to find what could be causing this, but I just don't see what the problem is.
I read positive reviews and called before I purchased, but so far, cannot get it to work.
Am I missing something, does this rifle have a defective trigger, any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.