Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
Ok guys,

I did pillar and glass bed my action on my Axis 22-250. I have the Prairie Hunter (Boyds) on mine. doing the Pillars is the easy part of the job. I also used the above YouTube from (Social Regressive). The guy did a great job on the instructional parts of the video and they worked well. BTW, Social's Father in law is a retired gunsmith. That's how he knows all this stuff.

With that being said, Bedding the action is an entirely different and an extreme PITA. Use the playdo and tape just as he advised and disassemble the trigger mechanism at the rear of the action before bedding.
I pillar bedded first, (trying not to have to bed the action) and that worked for a little while... But as the stock got broken in, it started to develop horizontal stringing. 10 shots it would be spot on, but then it would move an inch right and stay there until barrel was cold again. I didn't like that, so the glass bedding was the next step.

WARNING: did I say it is a major PITA?
I agree, the video is well done. My stock should arrive today. I'll take your word for it and forego bedding the action. If I'm reading you right, bedding the action is somewhat of a challenge? Heck, I'm half afraid that I'll screw something up bedding the pillars.