Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
Just finished up my first range session with one of the new AccuFit equipped models in .30-06 Spfld. So rather than a bunch of talking heads who have zero experience with it spreading conjecture and baseless opinions here I thought I'd offer up some HANDS-ON REAL WORLD feedback.

1. AccuFit stocks use the same low-end polymer as all the old synthetic stocks.
2. AccuFit stocks also have the AccuStock aluminum bedding in them, so no forearm flex.
3. Still a little flex at the wrist just like the standard AccuStock's, but it won't affect accuracy unless you bear down on the stock like a 800-lb gorilla.
4. Textured overmold panels on the fore-end and pistol grip offer good traction without being to aggressive or obnoxious. During my shooting I didn't even really notice them.
5. Comb drop can be adjusted from 1" to 1/2" in 1/8" increments.
6. The interchangeable cheek pieces work very well and offer a good range of height to mate up with most reasonable combinations of scope/rings and/or human proportions.
7. LOP can be adjusted from 12.5" (no spacer) to 14" with the included spacers.
8. Length-of-pull spacers are equally good and different length screws are provided for each, but if you're one of those people with a LOP over 14" you will probably have to source some longer screws to allow you to stack a couple of the larger spacers.
9. New trigger guard offers more room for a gloved finger, and while the looks will take some getting used to I put function over style and it's definitely and improvement for function.
10. Bottom bolt release button seems to be a bit larger (taller) making it easier to manipulate. Those that hate the BBR will still hate it - no getting around that.
11. Recoil pad is EXTREMELY soft - like marsh mellow soft - and given it's thickness could result in some deflection under compression, but so far it hasn't been an issue with range testing. Recoil from this .30-06 with a 150gr bullet is actually lighter than what I get from my Henry Long Ranger in .308 Win and 147gr bullets.
12. It does what it was designed to do, which is to allow shooters to setup the stock to fit them properly, and it does it very well with a very simple and well thought out design.

As for looks, it's a well known fact that no matter what you do you'll never please everybody. Personally I like the looks of the new stock. The gray isn't all that appealing, but a rattle can will easily resolve that. Style points don't put meat in the freezer - I'll take function over fashion every day of the week.
Great review. Quality cheek pads or plastic type that could brake off? I HATE BBR. I have one on my 10T. Should be banded to make a BBR.