Thread: Boyd’s for my Axis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyJC View Post
    Thanks for the link. I just sent them a contact request.
    Do you need the bevel for the mag catch ? I had some made up and could save some money leaving out that cut ?

Quote Originally Posted by ebgb68 View Post
    Do you need the bevel for the mag catch ? I had some made up and could save some money leaving out that cut ?
    I'm sorry but, I don't understand the question. What's do you mean by bevel? Are you referring to the angled cut on the face where the magazine clip contacts the catch? If so, why is it beveled in the first place if it's not needed. Also, I ordered a Heritage laminate stock from Boyds. Is there any difference in the catch as opposed to wood? Please bear with me. I have zero gunsmithing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyJC View Post
    I'm sorry but, I don't understand the question. What's do you mean by bevel? Are you referring to the angled cut on the face where the magazine clip contacts the catch? If so, why is it beveled in the first place if it's not needed. Also, I ordered a Heritage laminate stock from Boyds. Is there any difference in the catch as opposed to wood? Please bear with me. I have zero gunsmithing experience.
    The boyds plastic catch has the bevel the ones I had made have the bevel . That is an extra machining process that costs extra. I had a hundred made and about to order more so looking to cut some cost if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ebgb68 View Post
    The boyds plastic catch has the bevel the ones I had made have the bevel . That is an extra machining process that costs extra. I had a hundred made and about to order more so looking to cut some cost if possible.
    I already ordered one from a guy named Ben at the site listed earlier. Now I'm wondering if his are beveled or not.