Being one who likes to build stuff I thought I'd make a homemade powered trickler. After looking at the Dandy two speed($90) and a few other home brews I settled on this design.

The pvc table cap for the reservoir and the cell phone vibration motor ideas I copied from another guy's design. One issue with the Dandy and a few others home builds, the powder quantity and it's weight affect the feed rate(s). To rectify this problem I fashioned a copper baffle set on a angle to control the weight and make it flow more consistently into the discharge tube. The reservoir sets level, the tube at an eight degree downward angle.

If you look close just under the feed tube you can see the cell motor offset weight, the itself motor glued to the bottom on the cap. Tube length is 4". The three "Legs" are 3/8" fuel line hose used to set both the height and to help reduce the mass of the base from dampening the vibrations. The base is a piece of 2x4 w/ four coats of acrylic enamel.

The 4" x 2.5" x 2" project box contains the breadboard, wiring, battery holder(2x AAs), pots (slow-fast feed) and etc. Power to the vibration motor via a cable plug-socket.

When testing-tuning I tried using Varget, H4350, 4166, 4451, H4831(non SC),H4064, IMR 4064 and H4895 With some practice tapping the slow feed button with slow feed pot set for 1.8v I was able drop one kernel 99% of the time.

Cost? $38 and change.

Bill