Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! Savage 14/114 Questions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    I use the Weaver Grand Slam two piece bases, S46 on rear and S405 on front. Or, the Burris Xtreme Tactical two piece bases. These are the only two piece base sets I've found that will allow proper scope eye relief on a Savage SA or LA receiver. Especially with the shorter tubed scopes. Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts are the best I've found for use with Weaver-style base.

I am picky about eye adjustment so I have a 1 piece mount . I have one on a Stevens 270 too. None have interfered with the bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my Savage 14!

I noticed a few differences from what I expected. It does not have wrap-around checkering on the foregrip any more. Instead it has the more traditional side-only checkering. The stock is also a raw wood rather than a gloss lacquer finish. The barrel has a matte black finish rather than gloss blued.

Not problems as it still feels nice, but they must have changed it in recent history. I will post up a pic as soon as I get my scope mounted.

Hello! Savage 14/114 Questions!

I have heard this ...and they are pricier too now . Last ones I saw in my area were the stainless ones which were being discontinued at the time . Post a picture when you can

I have a Model 14 Classic LH in .243 Win. Bought it three years ago. It has the high-gloss, blued version (maybe, I can't really tell in this light).

It was the only one on the rack, and have never seen another LH one since. Savage still lists the 14 Classic, but not in LH anymore; otherwise, I think it would be listed on their website product offerings.

bobbyj.

Finally got around to taking some pics. I love it! Need to sight it in accurately still, but it's close.

Thanks for all your help guys. I ended up using the Bushnell 2.5-15 x 50 illuminated scope with Warne low rings on Weaver 2 piece bases with the extended front base to bring it towards the rear, exactly as you suggested. It fits nice and low with the Butler creek flip up caps. Also a blackhawk bipod, even though it doesn't really fit this style of rifle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by savageCA View Post
    Finally got around to taking some pics. I love it! Need to sight it in accurately still, but it's close.

Thanks for all your help guys. I ended up using the Bushnell 2.5-15 x 50 illuminated scope with Warne low rings on Weaver 2 piece bases with the extended front base to bring it towards the rear, exactly as you suggested. It fits nice and low with the Butler creek flip up caps. Also a blackhawk bipod, even though it doesn't really fit this style of rifle lol.

What a good looking rifle ! Glad it’s working out for you . Not much talk here about the 114s and 14s

Basic Member
    Looks good!

Team Savage
    wbm, you've got her looking good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12