Thread: Aluminum stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This thread got me thinking, "What if you could make an Axis stock out of Aluminum?" That's a big "if" because injection molding plastic is quite different than casting or machining aluminum, but I just wanted to get a feel for what the weight would end up being. From a previous thread I learned factory Axis stocks were only about 25oz, and for this thought experiment I assumed the whole stock was plastic instead of accounting for rubber and steel. By my calculations an aluminum version of a factory Axis stock would weigh a fraction of an ounce more than a Boyds Pro Varmint in any one of the colored laminates. And while that's definitely on the heavy side for a stock, it's not as unmanageable as it would seem.

Basic Member
    there are pictures of all aluminum stocks on some of the other websites that do look somewhat like a regular stock ,most are used in benchrest shooting and yes they are heavy

Basic Member
    I've never seen an axis stock but the receiver cutouts are pretty much the same between the 12FV and 10FCP. Making my own stocks let me add a magazine to the 12FV and a top bolt release to the 10.