Thread: Disabling the ejector

Basic Member

Disabling the ejector

I single load my 10FCP-SR and want to disable the ejector so I can just reach in and remove the fired case. Is there any problem in just removing the ejector or is there another way it should be done?
    Thanks in advance.

Basic Member
    I have a single shot 300WM and I just removed the ejector completely, but make sure you put it in a Ziploc for when you want to reinstall it.

Team Savage
    The ejector rods and springs have been removed on all of my rigs. Even had special bolt heads made without the hole for the rod. No use having it if you don't plan on using it. Brass stays on the bolt heads till you pick it off. Also stays clean and no chasing it in the dirt.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    You use a punch fine enough to fit the hole the retaining pin resides in. Apply some pressure on the face of the ejector (to relieve side loading on the pin) while you punch the retaining pin out. This will free the ejector and the spring behind it.

Basic Member
    Thanks guys. I mainly wanted to be sure it was ok to remove it and its absence wouldnt cause any issues.

none of my bench guns have ejectors

Basic Member
    I don’t know if it’s of interest to you or not but I’ll throw this out there. On my bench guns I still use an ejector but I put in a very soft spring that isn’t strong enough to throw it out of the port but knocks it off of the bolt face where it just lays there. I don’t like having to actually pluck it off the bolt but rather just grab it off the action floor quickly. Seems to speed things up and make for smoother realoads when trying to run a certain condition.

i get the springs from Wolf Gun springs, just one of their random assortment packages.

Basic Member
    That’s a good suggestion Maztech89. At first I thought I’d have to do something like that but realized very quickly that I just had to put my index finger over the case mouth and pull it toward the port. The case head then levers against the bolt face and the case falls right out.
    My RPR on the other hand has a small ejection port and it might be harder to get a finger in there so I might use your suggestion.

Team Savage
    I have an XP 100 converted into a rifle. I took a couple of coils off the ejector spring and now the cases kinda flop over the side. Beats chasing them all over the place.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.