Thread: Got a Mutt, what to do with it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Look at the under side of the action. Is there a slot where the recoil lug normally goes between the action and barrel nut? Wondering is you have an Axis by chance....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Look at the under side of the action. Is there a slot where the recoil lug normally goes between the action and barrel nut? Wondering is you have an Axis by chance....
    Looking at pictures of the Axis action it is definitely not one, the ejection port area doesn't look right for an Axis action. From what I can tell now I'm 99.9% sure it's a non- accutrigger, flat rear, staggered feed, long action 110. It belonged to a buddy of mine, I know at one point he was talking about building up a couple of rifles so he and his son could take a long range rifle class. It was a pile of parts scattered around his work bench and shop area. I may not have gotten all the right parts but it's what I could find. He is in hospice and pretty much out of it on pain pills so I won't get any information out of him. He was a bit of a hoarder and I'm helping clean stuff out and get it sold or disposed of. I'm not getting ripped off on a purchase, this is a labor of love.

I'm going to make something out of this that shoots. Still not sure what, just trying to work that out and figure out what my best options are.

Edited to add:

My son is over working at their house today, he found the recoil lug in the shop, I had just overlooked it.

Edited to add even more:

Got the recoil lug installed, headspace set and even found an old Redfield 1-4x scope to throw on it. Will take it to the range this weekend and see how it shoots and feeds the .308 from the long magazine.