Thread: Target Accutrigger question

Basic Member

Target Accutrigger question

Yesterday I was at the range shooting my model 12 F/TR and one hour into the session my safety started to engage in the process of pulling the trigger. I do have the trigger pull set very light. I took the barreled action out of the stock and saw the top part of the trigger weight spring was angled to the side and hyper-extended. It looks like there is nothing there to securely hold that top end of the spring in place. I searched for pictures of the trigger mechanism and also could not see anything that actually holds the top of the spring in place. So my question is, is this the actual design? Is it supposed to be held in place with something or how does this work?

Thanks,
    ST

On the bottom of the action there should be a pin hole that the "top end" of the spring slides into. If it does not have a spring that facilitates this it may have been modified.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the reply Robinhood. I have a hard time seeing up close so I'll need to get a magnifier to look for that pin hole. It makes sense that it would be designed this way otherwise the top of the spring would free float (like mine did) and eventually start to malfunction. I think this explains why it feels like to the trigger pull weight changes on me without me making any adjustments...